Home Page: Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2011 Board of Supervisors
TOWN OF GRAFTON
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
February 9, 2011 Minutes
I. CALL TO ORDER
1. Chairman Bartel called the meeting to order at 7:00 P.M.
Chairman Lester A. Bartel, Jr.
Supervisor Tom Sykora arrived at 7:20 pm
Supervisor Steve Schaefer
Supervisor Nancy Rogers
Supervisor Tom Grabow
Town Clerk Jessica Schmidt Town Engineer Ryan Lentz
Town Attorney Sara MacCarthy
Plan Commission members present:
3. Absent: Town Planner Amanda Schaefer
II. ASSURANCE OF PROPER NOTICE
1. Town Clerk Jessica Schmidt assured the meeting was noticed properly
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
IV. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
1. ACTION: Supervisor Grabow moved to approve the agenda as presented, seconded by Supervisor Schaefer. Motion carried 4-0
V. REVIEW & APPROVE MINUTES
1. ACTION: Supervisor Rogers moved to approve the minutes of the previous meeting, seconded by Supervisor Grabow. Motion carried 4-0
2. ACTION: Supervisor Grabow moved to approve the minutes of the January 17, 2011 special meeting, seconded by Supervisor Schaefer. Motion carried 4-0
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Resolution 2011-3 -Amendment to the Town of Grafton Fiscal Year 2011 Annual Fee Schedule to include sign permit escrow and fees
1. ACTION: Chairman Bartel opened the public hearing at 7:09 pm
2. Scott Orten asked if this has anything to do with the golf course signage that was discussed at the last meeting. Chairman Bartel explained that this is a completely different item and has nothing to do with that issue.
3. ACTION: Chairman Bartel closed the public hearing at 7:10 pm
4. ACTION: Supervisor Rogers moved to approve Resolution 2011-3 as presented, seconded by Supervisor Schaefer. Motion carried 4-0
VII. RESIDENT CORRESPONDENCE – PERSONS WISHING TO BE HEARD
A. No one wished to speak
B. Supervisor Sykora arrived at 7:20 pm.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
A. Presentation of draft resolution establishing a Financial Investment Committee
1. ACTION: Supervisor Grabow moved to table this item until the March meeting, seconded by Supervisor Sykora. Motion carried 5-0
B. Update on Emergency Septic Pumping Violation/ -Rick’s Pioneer Mobile
1. ACTION: Supervisor Rogers moved to instruct Legal Staff to proceed with amending the settlement agreement to allow for weekly payments of the fines, forfeitures and bond and to also include a failure to pay clause, seconded by Supervisor Sykora. Motion carried 5-0
C. Update on Emeran Boarding & Kennels, Judy & Bruce Mieloch, Agents-Outstanding tax year 2008 and 2009
1. Attorney MacCarthy attended a hearing today regarding the estate of the Mieloch’s and will give an update at the next meeting.
D. Drainage project update
1. Edgewater: Chairman Bartel will contact the property owner before next months meeting to find out the property owner’s intent
2. Falls Rd: project is due to go out to bid mid February to early March
3. Green Valley Rd: DNR and Ozaukee County have issued their permits. Dan’s Grading will start the dredging project the week of February 21st
E. Presentation of draft Ordinance to update the No Firearms Discharge area
1. Engineer Lentz presented a map of the proposed no firearms discharge area.
2. Supervisor Schaefer asked if people could shoot while in a boat going down the river. Attorney MacCarthy stated that according to the League of Municipalities, since the Town adopted Village powers, it can, for the health, safety and welfare of its residents, designate no firearms discharge areas.
3. Chairman Bartel explained that the Town will have to contract with someone for enforcement.
4. Attorney MacCarthy asked that the Supervisors review the map of the area for discussion at the next meeting.
5. No action taken
IX. NEW BUSINESS
A. Town Treasurer Duties and job description
1. Supervisor Rogers would like to see the Town Hall office open longer.
2. Chairman Bartel stated that the Board extended the summer hours and he has not received any written complaints or phone calls with complaints.
3. Supervisor Schaefer stated that he does not think the Town has the budget to keep the office open longer.
4. Chairman Bartel stated that before the Board makes any changes, he would like Supervisors visit the Town Hall and observe the office during busy times as well as slower times to see how efficiently the office is run.
5. Clerk Schmidt suggested that Supervisors think about what types of reports they would like included in their packets and how often. Supervisors will also think about how often they would like the Treasurer to attend Board meetings.
6. ACTION: Supervisor Sykora moved to table this item until the March meeting, seconded by Supervisor Schaefer. Motion carried 5-0
B. Update on Fire call reimbursement procedures
1. Chairman Bartel stated that he has not been able to get ahold of the Fire Chief. Chairman Bartel instructed legal staff to try to contact him to discuss the procedures and make sure everything is current.
2. No action taken
C. Update on Barking Dog complaint & Notice of non-licensure-Greg Moeller-218 High Forest Dr. - tax key # 05-036-100-15.00
1. Clerk Schmidt stated that all of the dogs have been licensed at this address.
2. Mr. Moeller stated that he spoke with his neighbor to address his concerns.
3. Chairman Bartel stated that the Town will inform the property owner if there are any more complaints received.
4. ACTION: No action taken
X. TOWN STAFF UPDATES
1. Drainage budget-2010 budget is roughly $88,500. Billing to date is approximately $27,000 , what is remaining will be applied to the construction of the Falls Rd and Green Valley Rd projects whatever is left will be carried over
2. VK appraisal update-that parcel already has an offer to purchase from a private individual
3. The Open Space Commission appreciates the Board taking the time to hold a special meeting for the appraisal
XI. APPOINTMENTS OF COMMITTEES-NONE
XII. REPORTS – FOR INFORMATION, DISCUSSION AND ACTION
1. Chairman Bartel will call the Highway Department to thank them for the outstanding job of snow removal this year.
2. The only complaint that Supervisor Sykora received was that Pleasant Valley Rd didn’t get done until after 1:00 in the afternoon.
1. Supervisor Grabow asked what the Town is actually doing on Falls Rd. Engineer Lentz stated that it is a bypass system or enhanced drainage project to help get the water flowing like it should be. At several times per year the water actually flows over the road.
2. Supervisor Grabow reminded Staff that it is time for the inspections of the liquor license establishments. Clerk Schmidt will remind the Building Inspector.
3. Supervisor Grabow asked that maintenance of weeds in Town ditches be placed on the March agenda.
1. Touch Screen election machine needs to be sent in for repair
2. Sent information for draw on LOC for Woodland Shores and MLG Waterstone. Had to defer the MLG draw to Legal Staff for draw as M&I is being uncooperative with the draw request verbiage and when Clerk Schmidt asked for clarification she was told by M&I that the Town is not their client, they work for MLG and the Town needs to contact their own staff for help. Chairman Bartel stated that the Town will not incur the costs for this, they will be passed along to MLG.
3. Thank you to Bob Wolf for help with the public test of the election equipment and the modem issues.
4. Final report on the audit of accounts for change in Treasurer Staff is included in packets.
D. Presentation of Invoices
XIII. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS DEEMED PERTINENT AS ALLOWED BY LAW-NONE
1. Action –Supervisor Grabow moved to adjourn, seconded by Supervisor Sykora. Motion carried 5-0
Jessica C. Schmidt, Town Clerk
May 8, 2013 Board of Supervisors
May 1, 2013 Plan Commission
April 10, 2013 Board of Supervisors
April 3, 2013 Plan Commission
March 13, 2013 Board of Supervisors
March 6, 2013 Plan Commission
March 4, 2013 JOINT Village/Town Board of Supervisors
February 25, 2013 Special Board of Supervisors
February 13, 2013 Board of Supervisors
February 6, 2013 Plan Commission