Home Page: Meeting Minutes
April 9, 2008 BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
TOWN OF GRAFTON
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS MEETING
April 9, 2008
I. CALL TO ORDER
A. Chairman Bartel called the meeting to order at 7:00 P.M.
Chairman Lester A. Bartel, Jr.
Supervisor Tim Kaul
Supervisor Nancy Rogers
Supervisor Tom Grabow
Supervisor Tom Sykora
Town Clerk Jessica Schmidt
Town Engineer Kristen Lundeen
Town Treasurer Janice Strachota
Town Attorney Sara MacCarthy
Town Planner Amanda Schaefer
C. Absent: Supervisor Paul Helms
II. ASSURANCE OF PROPER NOTICE
Town Clerk Jessica Schmidt assured the meeting that the Agenda was properly noticed.
III. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
IV. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
A. ACTION: Supervisor Grabow moved to accept Agenda, seconded by Supervisor
Rogers. Motion carried unanimously.
V. REVIEW & APPROVE MINUTES
A. ACTION: Supervisor Rogers moved to accept the minutes of January and March,
2008 meetings, seconded by Supervisor Grabow. Motion carried unanimously.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Town of Grafton ORDINANCE 2008-109 -Speed limit reduction from 35 mph to 25 mph for
those parts of Cedar Creek Rd between CTY HWY O and Maple Rd that lie within the
jurisdiction of the Town of Grafton
1. Action –The public hearing opened at 7:04 pm
2. No one wished to speak
3. Action –The public hearing was closed at 7:05 pm
4. Supervisor Rogers was in favor of the reduction.
5. Action – Supervisor Sykora moved to approve Ordinance 2008-109 to reduce
the speed limit from 35 mph to 25 mph for those parts of Cedar Creek Rd
between CTY HWY O and Maple Rd that lie within the jurisdiction of the Town
of Grafton, seconded by Supervisor Grabow. Motion carried unanimously.
B. Ordinance # 2008-110 Town of Grafton Comprehensive Plan: 2035
1. Action – The public hearing opened at 7:08 pm
2. No one wished to speak
3. Action –The public hearing closed at 7:09 pm
4. Supervisor Rogers commended Staff’s hard work on this project.
5. Action –Supervisor Grabow moved to approve Ordinance 2008-110 Town of
Grafton Comprehensive Plan: 2035, seconded by Supervisor Rogers. Motion
VII. RESIDENT CORRESPONDENCE/PERSONS WISHING TO BE HEARD
A. Clerk Schmidt received a letter from a resident regarding a barking dog on Apple Blossom
Lane. Scott Orten said that the sherrif has been to the property a couple of times and the
owners have been working on keeping the dog quiet. Clerk Schmidt will send a letter to the
complaintant to keep the Town informed if there continues to be a problem.
Grafton Town Board Minutes for April 9, 2008 Page 2 of 3
B. Supervisor Rogers received a call from a resident that saw a badger or a muskrat in their
pond and they wanted to know what they could do to get rid of it. Supervisor Rogers will
check with the DNR.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
Town of Grafton Ordinance 2008-108--Proposed ordinance requiring snow and ice
removal from public sidewalks-this item was tabled at the March meeting.
1. Supervisor Grabow asked who would enforce this ordinance. Charman Bartel stated
that the Village of Grafton would enforce the ordinance.
2. Action –Supervisor Rogers moved to approve Ordinance 2008-108, seconded
by Supervisor Sykora. Motion carried 3-1 with Supervisor Grabow dissenting.
B. Presentation of Reformatted Draft Code-Final Action Will Take Place at the May
Meeting- Title 1-General Provisions, Chapters 1 - 3; Title 2-Government and
Administration, Chapters 1-10; Title 3-Public Safety, Chapters 1-3; Title 4 -Public Works-
Chapters 1-6; Title 5-Public Utilities- Chapters 1-3; Title 6-Health and Sanitation-Chapters
1-5; Title 7-Licensing and Regulation- Chapters 1-18; Title 8-Motor Vehicle and Traffic-
1. Supervisor Grabow handed a list of corrections to Attorney MacCarthy for her review.
2. Action –No action taken
IX. NEW BUSINESS
A. Special Charge Resolution 2008-04, Drawing Dead LLC – Tax Key #06-028-08-003.00
1. Clerk Schmidt stated that the applicant was notified that the special charge would
appear on this agenda along with his latest statement showing the balance due.
2. Deputy Clerk Fellenz received an email from the applicant stating he refuses to pay.
3. Action –Supervisor Rogers moved to approve resolution 2008-04, seconded by
Supervisor Sykora. Motion carried
B. Special Charge Resolution 2008-05, LaSalle Bank National Association, 921
Lakeshore Rd, Tax Key #06-021-15-003.00
1. Clerk Schmidt informed the Supervisors that this property is in foreclosure. The
special charge was for emergency septic pumping. The Bank was notified of the
special charge appearing on this agenda along with a draft copy of the resolution.
2. Action – Chairman Bartel moved to approve Reolution 2008-05, seconded by
Supervisor Grabow. Motion carried
C. Donation request for the Grafton High School Junior Post Prom Lock-in event
1. Action – Supervisor Grabow moved to donate $100 to the Grafton High School
Post Prom Lock in event, seconded by Supervisor Sykora. Motion carried
D. Dan and Judy Gierach-Minor Land Division- 06-018-06-004.00-1602 Crestview Dr
1. Action – Supervisor Sykora moved to approve the land division subject to the
recordation of the document as approved and payment of all fees, seconded
by Supervisor Rogers. Motion carried
X. TOWN ENGINEER UPDATE
A. Engineer Lundeen gave an update on the plan commission discussion on the potential
increased ROW requirements. The Plan Commission requests that the potential increased
ROW requirements information along border roads be provided to applicants and
developers as a part of the Town’s review of their land divisions as required, but no further
action will be taken.
XI. APPOINTMENTS OF COMMITTEES
Grafton Town Board Minutes for April 9, 2008 Page 3 of 3
A. Jonathon Stephens-appointment of alternate plan commission member
1. Action – Supervisor Rogers moved to appoint Jonathon Stephens as an
alternate plan commission member for a 3-year term, seconded by Supervisor
Sykora. Motion carried
XII. REPORTS – FOR INFORMATION, DISCUSSION AND ACTION
1. Chairman Bartel gave a brief overview of the Town Hall policy and procedure training
session that was held on April 7, 2008. Legal staff will now attend all Plan
Commission, Board, and staff meetings to help improve efficiency and
communication. Tim Feely is working on the details of setting fees for either hourly
charges or a set yearly fee, which will be reviewed each year by the Town Board.
2. Chaiman Bartel explained that the Election went well. Chairman Bartel used the
touch screen voting machine and informed the board that it was very easy to use.
1. Supervisor Rogers asked for an update on 1520 Green Bay Rd, Dale Volkmann
property, the certified letter was returned unclaimed to Clerk Schmidt. Legal staff will
investigate this situation. The Emerick property on Edgewood Rd is being taken care
of; they are just waiting for good weather to begin the razing.
2. Supervisor Grabow asked what line item in the Town’s budget shows the payment
for annexed properties. Clerk Schmidt will look further into this and inform the board.
3. Supervisor Grabow would like to include a flyer with the tax bills that notifies the
residents they can receive a discounted rate if they have their wells tested duing a
specific time. This would need to be coordinated through Northern Environmental.
4. Supervisor Grabow would like to establish a procedure and protocol set on how the
Town will handle Town Code violations. This will be included with the codification.
5. Supervisor Grabow asked for an update on the drainage issues on Edgewater Court.
Chairman Bartel stated that the landowner is looking to work with the Town to
remedy the situation.
6. Supervisor Grabow suggested looking into installing another culvert on Beechwood
Lane to alleviate pond drainage problems.
1. Clerck Schmidt proposed that the Treasurer’s Report be provided to the Board
quarterly; a year-to-date report will be available at the next meeting.
2. Chairman Bartel informed Clerk Schmidt to have the Highway department make a
new street sign that says Aqua View Drive instead of Road.
3. Clerk Schmidt handed out the final draft of the Firearms Discharge handout.
D. Open Space Committee-NONE
E. Presentation of Invoices
XIII. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS DEEMED PERTINENT AS ALLOWED BY LAW.
A. Action – Motion made by Supervisor Grabow to adjourn, Seconded by Supervisor
Sykora. Motion carried
Jessica C. Schmidt, Town Clerk
April 10, 2013 Board of Supervisors
April 3, 2013 Plan Commission
March 13, 2013 Board of Supervisors
March 6, 2013 Plan Commission
March 4, 2013 JOINT Village/Town Board of Supervisors
February 25, 2013 Special Board of Supervisors
February 13, 2013 Board of Supervisors
February 6, 2013 Plan Commission
January 16, 2013 Open Space Commission
January 9, 2013 Board of Supervisors